Cornflake Coating for Chicken
I always keep a bag of this mix on hand for an easy, quick-fix supper. It makes the chicken crispy and so delicious! —Denise Elder, Hanover, Ontario
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 9 cups cornflakes, crushed
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In an airtight container, combine the first eight ingredients. Store
- in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 8 batches (about 4
- cups total).
- To prepare chicken: Place 1/2 cup coating in a shallow dish; coat
- chicken on both sides. Place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until juices
- run clear. Yield: 4 servings.