Corned Beef Supper Recipe
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 small carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (1 pound)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cabbage wedges
- 1. Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket. Combine the apple juice, cloves, brown sugar, orange peel, mustard and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- 2. Add cabbage; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Strain and discard cloves; serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef Supper
"Love this recipe have made it many times. I double up since I am cooking for 4 instead of 2. I have also roasted slowly in the oven instead of the slow cooker and it is awesome as well."
"I have been making this recipe for several years. What better way to make this than in the crockpot. My boys look forward to St. Patricks day, or whenever I make this."
"made this last night it was really good,its a keeper .will make again. my son even raved about it and he wasn't crazy about corn beef .but he liked this"
"I loved this recipe. I use a 3 lb. brisket so I tripled all of the other ingredients, cooked it for 7 hrs., and it turned out great."
"This recipe is just outstanding! Followed the directions and it tasted perfect. I've eaten corn beef and cabbage many times, but this is by far the best. Next time I will add more liquid to the crockpot though. The apple juice gave the potatoes and carrots a wonderful taste."
"This may be the best corn beef brisket I have ever tasted. I added a glaze (brown sugar,water and grey poupon) and baked for 30 min. in the oven after 4 hours in the slow cooker."
"I have cooked corned beef in apple juice for many years and have shared this essence of this crockpot recipe often"
"I had never cooked a corned beef before-this was sooo easy and entirely delicious. Thanks, Dawn!"
"Made this out of the magazine in 2007, lost recipe and was so happy to find it on your website. Thank you so much."
"Made this for St Patty Day GREAT Tasting full of flavour we loved it"
"This really tasted good!! Since my corned beef was 3 1/2 lbs I took out the vegetables when they were done and cooked the beef for another four hours. I also tripled the juice and spices."
"This is the best corned beef I've ever had! I hadn't had corned beef in years, and I never was a big fan, but I figured I'd give it a try. Absoutely delicious! We don't like cabbage, so I just left that part out."