Corned Beef Stir-Fry
The celery seed really comes through in this colorful combination of carrots, cabbage and corned beef. "A woman at church shared the recipe with me," notes Alesha Padgett of Franklin, Georgia. "My husband and son love its slightly sweet taste."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 7 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed
- and salt until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cabbage, carrots and onions in
- remaining oil for 15-16 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in
- vinegar-oil mixture and corned beef. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes
- or until heated through. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 243 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.