The celery seed really comes through in this colorful combination of carrots, cabbage and corned beef. "A woman at church shared the recipe with me," notes Alesha Padgett of Franklin, Georgia. "My husband and son love its slightly sweet taste."
- 7 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed and salt until sugar is dissolved; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the cabbage, carrots and onions in remaining oil for 15-16 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in vinegar-oil mixture and corned beef. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. If desired, serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p19
Reviews for Corned Beef Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2014
"Really good. I went 1 1/2 for the oil mixture and did not add the rice. clr"
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
"Take this to a church potluck was a major hit. I've also made it with turkey corn beef was still good"