My daughter shared this recipe with me. It's become a favorite of our entire family.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 12 ounces shredded deli corned beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 sliced rye bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Thousand Island salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili sauce, sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese. Spread over 15 slices of bread, about 1/3 cup on each; top with remaining bread. Lightly butter the outside of sandwiches. Toast on a hot griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with Thousand Island dressing if desired. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Reuben Sandwiches in Country Extra March 2003, p49
Reviews for Corned Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review