Corned Beef Rye Bread Recipe
Caraway seeds spark the flavor of this rustic loaf that's flecked with chopped corned beef and Swiss cheese. "Slices are great alongside sour or salad," writes Elvera Dallman from her home in Franklin, Nebraska.
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 cups rye flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, chopped
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the Swiss cheese and corned beef. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 132 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Corned Beef Rye Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC