Caraway seeds spark the flavor of this rustic loaf that's flecked with chopped corned beef and Swiss cheese. "Slices are great alongside sour or salad," writes Elvera Dallman from her home in Franklin, Nebraska.
Featured In: 19 Reuben Recipes
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 cups rye flour
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) deli corned beef, chopped
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the Swiss cheese and corned beef. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Corned Beef Rye Bread in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p65
Reviews for Corned Beef Rye Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review