Corned Beef Potato Dinner Recipe
For St. Patrick's Day, I usually prepare this dish instead of the traditional corned beef dinner. This takes less time because it makes good use of the microwave...and it's very tasty. -Brooke Staley Mary Esther, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 8 ounces thinly sliced deli corned beef, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes and water in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until potatoes are crisp-tender. Add the onion; cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in the coleslaw mix. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute corned beef in oil for 3-4 minutes; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until heated through. Add to the potato mixture; toss to combine. Cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 1,040 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC