Corned Beef Omelet
"I was raised on a farm, where we had chickens as well as other farm animals, so ate a lot of egg dishes," recalls Kitty Jones of Chicago, Illinois. "We usually serve this simple omelet for breakfast with toast on the side."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. In a large
- bowl, whisk eggs and milk; pour over onions. Cook over medium heat;
- as the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- When the eggs are nearly set, sprinkle with the corned beef, cheese
- and pepper. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-2
- minutes or until the cheese is melted. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 291 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 377 mg cholesterol, 562 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.