- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef Dinner
"Good and I cooked it for 10 hours. will make again."
"I had such high hopes for this recipe, especially considering all the good reviews. I don't know what happened but my meal did not turn out well. I followed the directions but the meat was as tough as shoe leather and the potatoes were not done. I plan on baking the meat and potatoes in the oven on low heat for a while to see if that will improve the tenderness. The next time I have a craving for a corned beef dinner, I will go out."
"This was good and easy to make, but I thought it was too salty."
"A great St. Patty's day dinner! I added some Chicken broth and a light ale! It was delicious!Diane HigginsTampa, FL"
"I followed the recipe exactly, except I had a 2 1/2 lb. corned beef and used a 4.5 quart Crockpot. After six hours, everything was cooked perfectly, but it all tasted like corned beef (too salty). Next year, I might do the corned beef this way, but cook the vegetables separately, which is unfortunately more work, but it may be worth it."