This flavorful meal is a must for St. Patrick's Day, but great anytime of the year. While it usually cooks on the stovetop, a slow cooker makes it even easier. The recipe serves four nicely with enough leftover meat for Reuben sandwiches or other dishes. —Michelle Rhodes, Fort Bliss, Texas
- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef Dinner in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p42
Reviews for Corned Beef Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review