Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef Dinner
Sort By :
"I had such high hopes for this recipe, especially considering all the good reviews. I don't know what happened but my meal did not turn out well. I followed the directions but the meat was as tough as shoe leather and the potatoes were not done. I plan on baking the meat and potatoes in the oven on low heat for a while to see if that will improve the tenderness. The next time I have a craving for a corned beef dinner, I will go out."
"This was good and easy to make, but I thought it was too salty."
"A great St. Patty's day dinner! I added some Chicken broth and a light ale! It was delicious!Diane HigginsTampa, FL"
"I followed the recipe exactly, except I had a 2 1/2 lb. corned beef and used a 4.5 quart Crockpot. After six hours, everything was cooked perfectly, but it all tasted like corned beef (too salty). Next year, I might do the corned beef this way, but cook the vegetables separately, which is unfortunately more work, but it may be worth it."
"I made this for st patty's day and everyone loved this recipe. It was so easy! I did cook it on low for 10 hours. It goes perfect with homemade rye bread."