- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef Dinner
"Good and I cooked it for 10 hours. will make again."
"I had such high hopes for this recipe, especially considering all the good reviews. I don't know what happened but my meal did not turn out well. I followed the directions but the meat was as tough as shoe leather and the potatoes were not done. I plan on baking the meat and potatoes in the oven on low heat for a while to see if that will improve the tenderness. The next time I have a craving for a corned beef dinner, I will go out."
"This was good and easy to make, but I thought it was too salty."
"I followed the recipe exactly, except I had a 2 1/2 lb. corned beef and used a 4.5 quart crockpot. After six hours, everything was cooked perfectly, but it all tasted like corned beef (too salty). Next year, I might do the corned beef this way, but cook the vegetables separately, which is unfortunately more work, but it may be worth it."
"I made this for st patty's day and everyone loved this recipe. It was so easy! I did cook it on low for 10 hours. It goes perfect with homemade rye bread."
"Where are the spices, the packet that comes with it is not enough. This will be very bland as is. Crock pot is a good idea for most but not for corned beef."
"Perfect...very happy with it!"
"I found the cabbage to mushy. Either my Crock Pot was to crowded or my C Beef may of had to much marbling, but it shredded on me. I prefer slicing it."
"Cooking for 8 to 10 hours is way to long. I love corn beef and cabbage but this was terrible. Cabbage was like eating mush Next time I will do it the right way and cook on top of the stove. Sorry usually the recipes on here are quite good but not this one"