Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
- 4 to 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3-1/2 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables. Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef Dinner(24)
Sort By :
This was good and easy to make, but I thought it was too salty.
A great St. Patty's day dinner! I added some Chicken broth and a light ale! It was delicious!
I followed the recipe exactly, except I had a 2 1/2 lb. corned beef and used a 4.5 quart Crockpot. After six hours, everything was cooked perfectly, but it all tasted like corned beef (too salty). Next year, I might do the corned beef this way, but cook the vegetables separately, which is unfortunately more work, but it may be worth it.
I made this for st patty's day and everyone loved this recipe. It was so easy! I did cook it on low for 10 hours. It goes perfect with homemade rye bread.
Where are the spices, the packet that comes with it is not enough. This will be very bland as is. Crock pot is a good idea for most but not for corned beef.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >