Corned Beef Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in the flour, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, corn and corned beef.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with biscuits. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 289 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Corned Beef Casserole
"I had left over corn beef from st. patty's day and put this in the recipe. We did not use the rolls (trying to cut out some carbs). We enjoyed it and it is very tasty!!!"
"Obviously this is the wrong photo for this recipe. I eat with my eyes first, and the corn and the biscuits are missing here."
"I added cabbage to this recipe, carrots, celery and sliced yellow onions. I kept the kernel corn I love the cream sauce and even add more to compensate the added vegetables.I added to the spices bay leaf, garlic powder and pepper corns according to taste.The over all photograph of the complete dish is wrong and confusing because It’s not the dish as described I’m Surprised it was published as is.Here’s the best part of this dish with the left overs I turned it into Corn beef Hash and served it for breakfast with eggs. Just thinking about this dish turnned it into my creation how about giving me the credit?That’s what I call an economical dish!"
"I haven't made this - am just wondering if this is an actual picture of the recipe - I don't see corn or biscuits in it....looks boring and bland as is. Based on this, wouldn't make."
"Very good meal. I used a package of sliced corn beef instead of can, and chopped it into chunks. I also added more potatoes to make it more filling and not too saucy."