Corned Beef Casserole Recipe
This recipe has been a favorite in our family for more than 50 years. My kids still request it when they come to visit, and it was one of the first recipes they called long distance to ask for after they got married.—Jeri Butters, Englewood, Florida
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook onion in butter over medium heat until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in the flour, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper until blended. Gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the potatoes, corn and corned beef.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top with biscuits. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 970 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC