Corned Beef Cabbage Bake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef or 12 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the cabbage, onion and caraway seeds. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Separate biscuits; place 10 biscuits in each of two ungreased 9-in. round baking pans. Press biscuits onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of pans. Add cabbage mixture; top with corned beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Reviews for Corned Beef Cabbage Bake
Sort By :
"Very easy to make and good comfort food!"
"We like this recipe. An easier version would be to add sauerkraut instead of the chopped cabbage. It really should be called Rueben Casserole. Go easy on the caraway seeds cause theyre so strong."
"I doubled the portion for cabbage. My husband lovesthe dish. It is easy to make too."
"Made this on a whim for St. Patrick's Day and everyone wanted the recipe. I will definitely be making it again at other times during the year. The filling was hearty by itself and could easily be scooped into a bread bowl or served over toast if you didn't have biscuits."
"I have made this MANY times and everyone loves it! The first time I made it, I included the caraway seed and then realized I like it better without it. So from then on I just left the caraway seed out.It's a very tasty and very easy recipe....love it!!!"