Corned Beef Cabbage Bake Recipe
When I was growing up, my parents made every occasion (including St. Patrick's Day) fun by making special festive foods and playing games. I carried on that same tradition with our own children and my students. It just wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without this delicious casserole! —Stephanie Norton, Bettendorf, Iowa
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef or 12 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the cabbage, onion and caraway seeds. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Separate biscuits; place 10 biscuits in each of two ungreased 9-in. round baking pans. Press biscuits onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of pans. Add cabbage mixture; top with corned beef mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
1 slice equals 495 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 1,291 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC