When I was growing up, my parents made every occasion (including St. Patrick's Day) fun by making special festive foods and playing games. I carried on that same tradition with our own children and my students. It just wouldn't be St. Patrick's Day without this delicious casserole! —Stephanie Norton, Bettendorf, Iowa
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 can (12 ounces) corned beef or 12 ounces deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a large skillet, melt butter; stir in the cabbage, onion and caraway seeds. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corned beef, Swiss cheese and salad dressing. Separate biscuits; place 10 biscuits in each of two ungreased 9-in. round baking pans. Press biscuits onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of pans. Add cabbage mixture; top with corned beef mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and biscuits are golden brown. Cut into wedges. Yield: 2 casseroles (4 servings each).
Originally published as Corned Beef Cabbage Bake in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p47
Reviews for Corned Beef Cabbage Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review