For St. Patrick's Day, prepare a traditional corned beef dinner and add a special twist - a colorful medley of cooked fresh vegetables. It's a festive combination to serve family or guests. -Gloria Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 3 to 4 ears fresh corn, halved
- Place corned beef and enclosed seasoning packet in an 8-qt. Dutch oven. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, celery leaves and turnips; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cabbage, beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p33
Reviews for Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review