Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables Recipe
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 4 pounds), trimmed
- 6 to 8 small red potatoes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 6 to 8 wedges
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 3 to 4 ears fresh corn, halved
- Place corned beef and enclosed seasoning packet in an 8-qt. Dutch oven. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, celery leaves and turnips; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add cabbage, beans and corn; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef and Mixed Vegetables(4)
Sort By :
Oh my it was sooooo good!!!!!
This is the best ever, everyone raved about how tasty it was. Thank you.
I made this last year (see 2/16/11 review) and my father-in-law is still talking about how good it was!
I am allergic to potatoes and was trying to come up with alternatives.
Thanks for a wonderful suggestion.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Corn on the Cob >
- Corn Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >