Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwiches Recipe
You won’t need the luck of the Irish to turn your extra corned beef into delectable sandwiches that will disappear quicker than a leprechaun’s wink. Best of all, these open-faced sandwiches, with layers of savory beef, creamy slaw and melty Swiss, take only 15 minutes to put together. —Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. Place coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- 2. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Layer with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 423 calories, 26 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 1,203 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC