You won’t need the luck of the Irish to turn your extra corned beef into delectable sandwiches that will disappear quicker than a leprechaun’s wink. Best of all, these open-faced sandwiches, with layers of savory beef, creamy slaw and melty Swiss, take only 15 minutes to put together. —Marilou Robinson, Portland, Oregon
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Place coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Layer with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p16
Reviews for Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review