- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Place coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until toasted. Layer with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwiches
"YUM!! I love the little kick of the horseradish."
"Wonderful! Husband thought he was having a Reuben, no! This is a great sandwich! I added the Russian dressing on mine to try "suelynnes" suggestion for the New Yorker. Great both ways! Thank you Marilou for sharing!!"
"My family enjoyed these sandwiches and the horseradish cream in the dressing/coleslaw mix gave it a little kick that my husband enjoyed. I would do these again."
"I made a corn beef brisket in the am and had these sandwiches for dinner. Delish :) The bread burnt in the broiler. Keep a close eye on it!!!! Or you could just toast the bread and put sandwich in the microwave for a brief time!!!"
"This is a keeper. I love to make Reuben's for the guy who loves them. The rest of us can't handle the kraut. Maybe, just maybe I won't have to make a 2 meal dinner for one nights meal."
"This is super delicious, but I add a teaspoon or two of sugar to the coleslaw as well. My husband won't eat a Rueben, but this he loves."
"I added some Russian dressing to make it a sandwich I know as a "New Yorker". I love them."