Corned Beef and Cabbage Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup apple juice
- 8 carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 small head cabbage
- In a small bowl, combine first four ingredients; set aside. In a Dutch oven, place corned beef and seasoning packet. Add onions, water and apple juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove brisket from cooking liquid and place in a greased roasting pan. Rub sugar mixture over warm meat.
- Bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, add carrots to cooking liquid. Cover and simmer 10 minutes. Cut cabbage into eight wedges, leaving a portion of the core on each wedge; add to carrots. Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Thinly slice meat; serve with vegetables. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Corned Beef and Cabbage(14)
Sort By :
Easy. No leftovers!
The rub applied at the end made this quite unique. The flavor was wonderful. My five year old gobbled it down to my surprise and my man said it was the best he's ever had! Yay!
Excellent recipe... my family loved it!
And so easy!
Everyone loved it. The rub was a nice bonus. Next time I would cut the cloves to 1/8 tsp.
Oops....forgot to include my rating with my review.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Brisket Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >