Corned Beef 'n' Cheese Strata
If you like Reuben sandwiches, you'll love the flavor of this easy-to-prepare strata that's good for any meal of the day. —Anita Bukowski
9-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 10 slices rye bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked corned beef, shredded
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces each) shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- the corned beef and cheese. Whisk the eggs, milk and pepper; pour
- over the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove strata from the refrigerator 30
- minutes before baking. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 10
- minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 5-10
- minutes before cutting. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 368 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 937 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.