THE comic strip Maggie and Jiggs inspired me to serve this meal. Whenever Maggie asked Jiggs what he would like her to cook, he answered, "Corned beef and cabbage." My husband liked this meal, too, and I always enjoyed making it for potluck suppers and other gatherings. -Daisy Lewis, Jasper, Alabama
Recommended: 23 Things to Make with Leftover Corned Beef
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded (about 8 cups)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white hominy, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large Dutch oven or saucepan, combine cabbage, onion and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender. Add remaining ingredients; simmer for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage Casserole in Reminisce March/April 1998, p49
Reviews for Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2014
"Exchange the Hominy for 1,1/2lbs new potatoes skin on! ??????????"