Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash Recipe
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1. Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash 1 cup potatoes. Stir in the corned beef, cranberries, onion, broth, parsley, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper, nutmeg and remaining potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- 3. In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in meat mixture. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 342 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.