- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash 1 cup potatoes. Stir in the corned beef, cranberries, onion, broth, parsley, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper, nutmeg and remaining potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in meat mixture. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p30
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review