Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash Recipe
The make-ahead convenience of this deliciously different hash makes it a standby during the busy holiday season. Fresh cranberries bring sweet-tart flavor to a traditional breakfast dish.
- 2 cups cubed red potatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked corned beef
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash 1 cup potatoes. Stir in the corned beef, cranberries, onion, broth, parsley, mustard, garlic, thyme, pepper, nutmeg and remaining potatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in meat mixture. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p30
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Corned Beef & Cranberry Hash(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >