Corned Beef & Cabbage for the Wine Lover Recipe
- 3/4 pound fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups white wine or beef broth
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1. In a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic. Pour wine over vegetables. Cut brisket in half. Spread with mustard; place over vegetables (discard spice packet from corned beef or save for another use).
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender, adding cabbage and sauerkraut during the last hour of cooking. Serve beef with vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounces cooked beef with 1-1/2 cups vegetables equals 592 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 2,712 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Corned Beef & Cabbage for the Wine Lover
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.