Making this jelly every year in the summer is a tradition in my family. I often give this jelly as a gift.Marge Hagy, Brewster, Washington
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large corncobs
- 4 cups water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4 cups sugar
- Yellow food coloring
- Cut corn kernels from cobs and reserve for another recipe. In a
- stockpot, place corncobs and water; bring to a boil. Cook,
- uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Discard cobs; strain liquid through cheesecloth. Liquid should
- measure 3 cups. Add additional water if necessary.
- Return to stockpot and stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar and bring back to a boil. Skim foam and add a few drops of
- food coloring. Transfer to covered jars; refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
- Yield: 5 cups.