Cornbread Sausage Stuffing
At her home in Carrollton, Missouri, Ruby Harman dresses up stuffing mix with pork sausage and jarred mushrooms to create this in-a-dash dressing. The hearty side dish is terrific with chicken, turkey or pork.
8 ServingsPrep/Total time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (7 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) corn bread stuffing mix
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage; drain. Add water and
- mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add the stuffing
- mix. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 204 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.