Corn Zucchini Saute Recipe
This side makes a colorful accompaniment to the pork chops or to any Mexican-style meal. I've loved this dish since I was a child.—Sylvia Sonnenburg, Sonnenburg, Oregon
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add zucchini and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the corn, water, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 256 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 535 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC