- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add zucchini and tomato. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the corn, water, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Corn Zucchini Saute
"I made this for a family potluck, doubled the recipe and it had great compliments."
"Delicious, we loved it!"
"I wanted to add that I used red onion for color and I also omitted the cheddar cheese- that dumps 115 calories and 9g of fat per serving!! Also, using fresh corn instead of canned reduces the sodium by leaps and bounds!!"
"I made this last night as a way for my 5 year old to try a new veggie- zucchini. She tried it and ate it! I even packaged up the leftovers for my lunch today! Yum!"