Corn Zucchini Medley
"I concocted this fresh-tasting side dish when I needed to use zucchini and a little leftover spaghetti sauce," recalls Mary Ann Pals of Chesterton, Indiana. The colorful combination is a mere 31 cents per serving and on the table in minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, saute the zucchini, corn and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasonings; heat through. Stir
- in the cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 476 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.