Corn with Herbs
A pleasant blend of herbs enhances this fast, easy and yummy side dish. It’s our family’s favorite way to eat fresh corn.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 to 6 teaspoons herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook and stir corn onion in
- butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add herbes
- de Provence and salt; cook 2-4 minutes or until vegetables are
- tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 323 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.