Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter
I created a lime butter especially for grilled corn and love to add fresh cilantro from my garden. — Andrea Reynolds, Rocky River, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Grill: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Grated cotija cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, mix butter, cilantro, lime juice and lime peel.
- Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or
- until firm. Wrap each ear of corn with a piece of heavy-duty foil
- (about 14 in. square).
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender,
- turning occasionally. Meanwhile, cut lime butter into 12 slices.
- Remove corn from grill. Carefully open foil, allowing steam to
- escape. Serve corn with butter and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 ear of corn with 2 teaspoons butter (calculated without cheese) equals 145 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.