- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 12 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- Grated cotija cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, mix butter, cilantro, lime juice and lime peel. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. Wrap each ear of corn with a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 14 in. square).
- Grill corn, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, cut lime butter into 12 slices. Remove corn from grill. Carefully open foil, allowing steam to escape. Serve corn with butter and, if desired, cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Corn with Cilantro-Lime Butter
"What a great addition to my recipe file! The lime butter is so good. What it does to corn is amazing. I will not have corn with out this lime butter!"
"Loved the flavor of the corn. A good alternative to traditional."
"I never find myself with exactly the same ingredients needed for a recipe. Once again, I had to substitute. But, thankfully Taste of Home has great inspiration to start with like this delicious butter! I used chopped jalapeno pepper in place of the cilantro. I like a little kick to my food, and the jalapeno did not disappoint! I think I'll add little bits of bacon, next time! Yum!"
"Great corn!! We will be making this again."