Corn with Basil
Our family enjoys eating lots of corn fresh from our garden. Along with the garden, my husband and I and our five children raise chickens and cows on our farm.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh corn
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained, optional
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir corn, onion, celery and
- garlic in butter for 10 minutes. Stir in pimientos, basil and salt;
- cover and simmer, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes or until corn is
- tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 124 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.