Corn Tortilla Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Place four tortillas in a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2 in. beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in the center. Layer with sausage, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and chilies.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cottage cheese and chili powder; slowly pour over chilies. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 465 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 301 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.