Corn Tortilla Quiche Recipe
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Place four tortillas in a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2 in. beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in the center. Layer with sausage, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and chilies.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cottage cheese and chili powder; slowly pour over chilies. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 465 calories, 35g fat (18g saturated fat), 301mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Quiche
"Nice but maybe better with chorizo and queso fresco instead of cottage cheese."
"This is a favorite for my family and I gave the recipe to a friend, he and his wife loved it so much he called me that night at work to tell me so!!"
"This tastes like a combination of a breakfast quiche (sausage & egg) and cheese enchiladas (corn tortilla & cheese). It was yummy though quite fattening even though I did use reduced fat sausage and milk instead of cream. It was good and different but I don't think my husband enjoyed it as much as I did, so I am not sure if I will make it again."
"I made this with half bacon and half sausage (due to different preferences in my work group) and it was very well received!"