- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place four tortillas in a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2 in. beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in the center. Layer with sausage, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and chilies.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cottage cheese and chili powder; slowly pour over chilies. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Quiche
Sort By :
"This is a favorite for my family and I gave the recipe to a friend, he and his wife loved it so much he called me that night at work to tell me so!!"
"This tastes like a combination of a breakfast quiche (sausage & egg) and cheese enchiladas (corn tortilla & cheese). It was yummy though quite fattening even though I did use reduced fat sausage and milk instead of cream. It was good and different but I don't think my husband enjoyed it as much as I did, so I am not sure if I will make it again."
"I made this with half bacon and half sausage (due to different preferences in my work group) and it was very well received!"