A corn tortilla crust makes this tasty quiche a snap to assemble. "Cheesy wedges are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner," promises Leicha Welton from Fairbanks, Alaska.
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 5 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped canned green chilies
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- Place four tortillas in a greased 9-in. pie plate, overlapping and extending 1/2 in. beyond rim. Place remaining tortilla in the center. Layer with sausage, Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses and chilies.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream, cottage cheese and chili powder; slowly pour over chilies. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Corn Tortilla Quiche in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p19
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review