Corn Tortilla Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the picante sauce, spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- 2. Arrange six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and remaining tortillas. Spread with sour cream. Top with the remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.