Jo Terwilliger of Oneonta, New York writes, “This is a family favorite that’s always a hit at office luncheons or potluck dinners.” The simple lasagna has a tasty twist—it’s packed with popular Southwest flavors.
Featured In: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Additional picante sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the picante sauce, spinach, tomatoes, red pepper, tomato sauce and lime juice.
- Arrange six tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and remaining tortillas. Spread with sour cream. Top with the remaining meat mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with additional picante sauce if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Corn Tortilla Lasagna in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p17
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2011
"I make it without the spinach, but my MIL has made it with...good both ways. It makes a large amount so I have done 2 9x9 pans and frozen one. It turns out amazing every time I make it, and everyone wants seconds."