This Southwest-style lasagna will satisfy a hungry crowd. It can be “stretched” with extra beans, and it’s super-easy to put together. People love it! —Susan Seymar Valatie, New York
- 36 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 6 cups shredded or cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (one 28 ounces, one 16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 jars (16 ounces each) salsa
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 large green peppers, chopped
- 3 cans (3.8 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, arrange six tortillas. Layer each with 1 cup chicken, 2/3 cup kidney beans, 1 cup salsa, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup green pepper, about 1/3 cup olives, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 casseroles (12 servings each).
Originally published as Corn Tortilla Chicken Lasagna in Taste of Home October/November 2007, p39
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Chicken Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review