Corn Tortilla Casserole Recipe
Jane Hardy of Henderson, Texas uses canned items, including kidney beans, cream-style corn and tomato sauce, to dress up ground beef in this satisfying entree. Convenient corn tortillas separate each mouth-watching layer.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery rib, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder and garlic; cook for 3 minutes.
- 2. Place one tortilla in a greased round 2-qt. baking dish; top with 1 cup meat mixture. Repeat layers fives times. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 square) equals 351 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 706 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Corn Tortilla Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC