Corn Tomato Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn and a small amount of water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 to 3-1/2 minutes or until corn is crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salad dressing, basil and salt. Stir in corn. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 70 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Corn Tomato Salad
"Love the flavor with the fresh basil and I bet it will be even better with fresh from the garden tomatoes. Good flavor even after refrigerating all night, but the tomatoes were not as firm."
"I used fresh tomatoes from my garden and really liked the flavor of the corn and tomatoes together. I didn't have fresh basil so I used dried basil. I think it will be better with the fresh basil next time! So quick and easy!"
"i'ne made this 4 almost 30 years. never used italian dressing. even made it at the restraunt and its oringinally made with ranch dressing. i submitted it 2 u several years ago. no basil. 1 bunch small, green oions 2 or 3 celery sticks,diced,1/2 oniondiced,u can double and triple recipe 4 gatherings.this is the correct recipe. and mine"