Corn Taco Soup Recipe
If you need a meal in a hurry, this fast recipe fills the bill! When I have time, I like to make "edible bowls" of bread to serve the soup in— it makes for a unique presentation and a hearty main dish!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- Corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with corn chips, cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 serving (1-1/2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 271 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 977 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC