If you need a meal in a hurry, this fast recipe fills the bill! When I have time, I like to make "edible bowls" of bread to serve the soup in— it makes for a unique presentation and a hearty main dish!
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- Corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with corn chips, cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 serving (1-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Taco Soup in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p34
Reviews for Corn Taco Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2011
"I made this with leftover taco meat and the kids asked for more....a keeper"
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2010
"I used the hot taco seasoning really good fast and easy put it over taco chips"