- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- Corn chips, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add corn, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with corn chips, cheese and/or sour cream if desired. Yield: 4-6 serving (1-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Corn Taco Soup
Sort By :
"To make this more like a soup ,I used an un-drained can of corn, like wise with the kidney beans. Left out tomato sauce and used stewed tomatoes and put a jar of salsa in. You could add a can of beef broth for more "soupieness". Cheese and sour cream, tortilla chips really add to the flair."
"Was a good quick dinner, and I had all the things on hand, we scooped ours with Tostitos Chips!"
"I made this with leftover taco meat and the kids asked for more....a keeper"
"This was pretty good however, I have another recipe for Taco soup that I like better which is why I gave this recipe 4 stars but for timeliness you can't beat how fast this comes together. For Soup it is dry to me. It is more of a chip dip. But that is personal preference."
"I used the hot taco seasoning really good fast and easy put it over taco chips"