Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
Hazel Holley of Samson, Alabama teams up canned corn with chopped green pepper and onion to create a fresh-tasting salad with light mayonnaise coating. The pretty mixture is especially appealing presented in a tomato shell.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and pepper; mix well. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cut the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard pulp). Spoon corn mixture into the tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 134 calories, 480 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 28 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC