Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) Mexicorn, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and pepper; mix well. Pour over the corn mixture and toss to coat. Cut the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard pulp). Spoon corn mixture into the tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 134 calories, 480 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 28 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Tomatoes
"It was good to me and my 2 yr old but my 10 and 8 yr old didn't care for it. I added Creole seasoning and regular mayo. Also used only mexi corn because that's what I had on hand."