Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, salt, cumin and pepper.
- 2. Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff each chop with the mixture. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- 3. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer in the meat reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer