Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, salt, cumin and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff each chop with the mixture. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer in the meat reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops(5)
Sort By :
This dish has outstanding flavor! I had a package of 5 butterflied chops. I used a heaping 1/4 cup each of onion and green pepper in 2 tbs butter with 2 cups of stuffing mix, 1 cup of corn and generous 2&1/2 tbs of pimiento. I also added about 1/4 cup water to the stuffing mixture. I browned chops in butter and seasoned with garlic powder and a pinch of salt. After stuffing the chops, I put the remaining stuffing mixture in the baking dish around the chops to make a casserole. Covered dish the first 20 minutes of baking then removed foil and sprinkled another 1/4 cup of water over the stuffing. Will definitely make this again and maybe even try chicken breasts! What an awesome recipe!
All I can say is this was a hit with my family. My husband is a picky eater and he went bragging to his friends about this dish. I changed a couple things around, and it was good. Defaenlly be making this again.
I used bread stuffing instead (lower sodium stove top chicken stuffing mix) and added some water. I marinated boneless chops in oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce for a couple hours. I added two chili peppers to the onion pepper mix. I loved these chops!
Recipe was very good! I added some garlic and garlic salt and it was really good! I had a little left over of the stuffing ingredients and poored them over the pork chops. It was delish!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >