- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the stuffing mix, corn, pimientos, salt, cumin and pepper.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone. Stuff each chop with the mixture. Secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer in the meat reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops
"I thought it was okay but a little dry and bland. My mom, however thought it was one of the best things I had ever made...I did add some extra butter to the stuffing."
"Can't wait to try it soundd wonderful"
"Delicious! I have a secret to keeping the stuffing inside. Instead of cutting the pocket on the outer edge, slice about halfway through the chop along the length of the bone. Then cut a pocket from the inside. I found this in a recipe 30 years ago, and my stuffing always stays put!"